Your Complete Guide to Explainer Videos
Today, I’d like to cover everything you’ll need to know about explainer videos. Such as, what are they, the most popular types, tips for making a stellar explainer video that will jump start conversion rates, and how they will they benefit your business,
Ready to see why explainer videos are a must-have for any business?
Let’s get started!
What is an explainer video?
Explainer videos are defined as a short video that businesses use to quickly introduce themselves, explain their products or services, and tell how they can help solve their customers’ problems. Explainer videos are often placed on a landing page, your website’s home page, prominent product page or other social media platforms. They have become extremely popular – some sites boast of conversion rates increasing by as much as 144% after including an explainer video on their website!
Most popular types of explainer videos:
- Animated Explainer Videos: The most popular type of explainer video. Cute and quirky characters are used to tell a business message in the form of a compelling story. A good story has the power to emotionally connect with the audience and hence establish a personal bonding with the brand. Animation is often the preferred format for explaining services or intangible tech products like software. Animated explainer videos allow for more creativity, and are easier to edit or update when you want to make future adjustments.
- Whiteboard Explainer Videos: A whiteboard video is the easiest way to teach. You grab a marker and sketch out your ideas on a whiteboard while explaining along with a narrative. This format of video has become popular due to its ease of operation and low cost. It’s one of the cheapest types of explainer videos to create.
- Live Action Explainer Videos: This is a non-animated promotional video explaining your business’s product or service. Live action explainer videos are usually best for companies selling a physical product or people-oriented service, such as a restaurant, or consulting group. Having flesh and blood people in your explainer video can create an emotional connection for viewers, as we are naturally drawn to other human faces. However, live action means you’re stuck to the confines of the real world – no magical unicorns whose enchanted horns can back up your data. I would recommend using NPO Video Agency. I’ve attached a great explainer video that they did for one of my restaurants! It’s amazing!
How to make an explainer video:
I’m going to take you through the steps of how to make your own explainer video! As you’ll see, it’s not an easy task!
Step 1: Write the video script
The script is the most important element in creating a good explainer video. Your explainer video could have the coolest graphics and most Morgan Freeman-like voiceover in the world, and it wouldn’t mean a thing without a solid script to get behind.
The script is where you’ll need to spend the majority of your focus. It’s best if you write your explainer video script yourself (even if you choose to hire a production company). You know your target customer’s concerns and pain points better than anyone else, and the video is where those concerns need to be addressed. What problems are your customers encountering? What confuses them about your product or offering? If you haven’t already done some research to answer these questions, now is the time to consider surveying your audience and figuring this out.
It is recommended that your explainer video script follow this general outline…
- Your key message and value proposition should be in the first 30 seconds. The average attention span is 8 seconds. Don’t talk about features. Your customer only cares how your product will solve their problem.
- Introduce the problem
- Answer the problem with your solution (via product or service)
- Call to action (e.g. sign up for our free trial by clicking here!)
- Broadcast your trust signals (such as well-known clients, awards, write-ups, etc.)
Step 2: Recording the voiceovers
Once you have a script, you’ll need a voiceover. The wrong voiceover and tone can completely ruin the look and feel of your video.
Step 3: Music and sound effects
You might not think a good soundtrack is essential for creating a highly converting product video. However, the soundtrack sets the mood for the video and stimulates the audio receptors within our brain and keeps us even more engaged to the video.
Step 4: Measure the performance of your explainer video
Imagine getting monthly reports that shows the number of plays, pauses, how many viewers hit the 30 sec. mark vs. 60 sec mark, etc.
As you can see from the information and videos that I’ve attached so far, making an explainer video requires not only a ton of focus, effort, and analytic tracking options, but especially expertise. That is the reason I utilized and suggest the top of the line video organization, NPO Video Agency. They connected a great thumbnail and positioned my video on the first page of Google in minutes for just $69.00. All the data and pictures were gotten from my website. No compelling reason to compose a content… they thoroughly took care of me! The group of NPO Video Agency are business visionaries helping other business visionaries. They’re a product of their own success!
Check out this great explainer video that NPO Video Agency did on a product!
Now that you have your explainer video made, where do you place it? Many business owners are using explainer videos in all sorts of creative ways to boost conversion, widen engagement and increase sales. They can be used on your home page, land page, emails, blogs and other social media platforms.
The million-dollar question is, what does it cost?
Pricing varies not only with the length and style, but also the quality of work, the complexity and the reputation of the video agency that you hire. NPO Video Agency has numerous plans that will work within your budget! Contact them today!
Explainer videos have a ton-of-benefits:
- 1 – Video is the most effective way to explain a new product, service or any business message.
- A good video on your website landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
- 57% of consumers say that videos gave them more confidence to purchase online.
- Videos allow you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site up to 64%.
- Videos connect well with mobile users. The trend rises by 100% every year.
- You’re 53x more likely to rank better than your competitors on Google if you have a video on your website.
There’s no arguing that online videos are fantastic assets for a business.
Let NPO Video Agency create some great killer explainer videos for you!!